STACK DocumentationSite map
STACK is the world-leading open-source (GPL) automatic assessment system for mathematics, science and related disciplines.
- Students type in mathematical expressions, and are not restricted to multiple choice.
- Separate validation and assessment with an emphasis on formative assessment.
- Random generation of questions.
- A wide variety of input types, including line by line working.
- Support for multipart questions.
- Support for scientific units and significant figures.
A case studies collection and a flyer about the STACK project are available.
In 2019 we produced a self-contained "Getting started with STACK" guide to authoring STACK questions.
Welcome to the official user documentation for STACK.
General information about STACK, including:
Documentation for question authors, including:
- An authoring quick start guide, which can be used in conjunction with the "Getting started with STACK" guide.
- Information on various authoring topics, such as answer tests, inputs, potential response trees and translations.
- Frequently asked questions.
- Information on using the CAS Maxima for question authoring, including randomisation, plotting graphs, and expression simplification.
Information for students using STACK, including:
Topics for developers, including:
Your site is running STACK version 2021120900 (descriptive, distrib, stats).